GDPR INFORMATION NOTICE
Airbus SAS and its affiliates (also known as, “Airbus”, or “we” or “us”) appreciate your interest in our products, services and business lines and your use of our Websites, portals and “apps” (“Websites”). Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable using our Websites.
The protection of your privacy and Personal Data is an important concern to which we pay special attention throughout our business processes. Personal Data collected during the use of our Website is processed by us according to the legal regulations for the countries in which the Website is maintained. In addition, our Binding Corporate Rules Airbus BCR’s protect customer and partner data throughout the entire organisation. However, the Website will include links to other Websites or applications which are not necessarily covered by this Information Notice. In this event, we encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of such Websites.
Airbus is committed to protect the rights of individuals in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (reference EU2016/679) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter referred as : ‘GDPR’) as well as each applicable national Personal Data Protection laws and regulations (collectively referred as “Data Protection Laws and Regulations”).
This Information Notice will inform you of the Personal Data we collect when you access/use the Website; how we use and disclose your data; how you can control the use and disclosure of your data; and how we protect your Personal Data.
Which sources and what Personal Data do we use?
Personal Data is information that can be used to identify a person either directly or indirectly (hereinafter referred as “Personal Data”). This definition covers a wide range of data enabling the identification of an individual.
The Personal Data we process under this Privacy Notice are as follows:
- Identification data (e.g. your name, first name, address and your email address, your country)
- Account information (e.g. preferences, username …)
When you use this Website, Airbus will collect, use and process any Personal Data you provide us and any information generated as a result of using the Website.
What are the purposes of the processing of your Personal Data?
By using the Website, Airbus will collect and process your Personal Data in accordance with this Information Notice. Your Personal Data may be used for the following purposes (hereinafter referred as: the ‘Purposes’):
1. Website Browsers / Administration.
We use your Personal Data for administrative purposes, including to help us better understand how our customers access and use our Websites and applications; to implement and maintain security, anti-piracy, fraud prevention, and other services designed to protect our customers, partners and us; and to enforce our policies, directives and processes.
We use your Personal Data to communicate with you, including responding to requests for assistance. We can communicate with you in a variety of ways, including email.
We use your Personal Data to allow you to follow up a product you are interested in, by receiving further related information.
If you choose to receive our Newsletters by choosing the relevant option, we will use your Personal Data to manage our mailing list and to send to you our latest news.
3. Research and development.
We use your Personal Data for research and development purposes, including improving our Websites, applications, services, and customer experience and for other research and analytical purposes dedicated to improving our products, services, businesses, operations and processes.
4. Legal compliance.
We use your Personal Data to comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to an authority or court order or discovery request.
We use your Personal Data to help you exercising your rights regarding Data Protection, especially to monitor and track your requests regarding your right of access, rectification and deletion of the Personal Data we store.
5. To protect us and others.
Where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of policies, terms, and other policies.
What is the legal basis for processing your Personal Data?
As a responsible company, we need a lawful basis for collecting and/or processing your data. We generally rely on a number of grounds (reasons) for our business processing.
We process your Personal Data in accordance with the provisions set out in the GDPR and the relevant applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations. The legal basis for processing your Personal Data are:
1. As a result of your consent.
When you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data by us for certain services through the Website, you can withdraw consent at any time by following the instructions provided in the application process or by contacting us at email@example.com.
2. Within the scope of a legitimate interest.
On occasion, taking into account the minimum privacy impact for you, the processing of your Personal Data might be necessary for the following legitimate interest: For Product development and enhancement (incl. the analysis and optimization of the Website and the Newsletter)
Who will receive your Personal Data?
- Airbus and its affiliates, on a need-to-know basis for the purposes as outlined in this Information Notice.
- Authorised persons working for, or on behalf of Airbus.
- Our agents, service providers and advisers, such as VeryWell, a communication agency located in France.
- Other authorised third parties in connection with any merge, reorganization, sale of some or all Airbus assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a part of our business by another company.
- Law enforcement or government authorities or other legal process to comply with applicable law, or in response to any subpoenas, court orders, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
Will your Personal Data be transferred to a third country outside the European Economic Area (EEA)?
Airbus processes your Personal Data mostly in the EEA. On occasion Personal Data is transferred to Airbus SE or affiliates of Airbus, on a need-to-know basis, including entities outside the EEA. This transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards, and through the legal framework of our Binding Corporate Rules, that can be found on our Website www.airbus.com or viewed here Airbus BCR’s or through alternative contractual frameworks where a third party is engaged to help us providing web-services to you.
Which countries may Airbus transfer Personal Data to?
Airbus will process and store your Personal Data only in France and the United-Kingdom.
For how long will your Personal Data be stored?
Your Personal Data will be stored:
- For the contest applicants: one (1) year from the Data collection, and as long as it is required to meet our contractual and statutory obligations.
- For person subscribing to our product follow up service and/or Newsletter service: two (2) years from the last contact with you.
If your Personal Data are not necessary anymore for the original purpose of processing, these will be erased on a regular basis.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose (for preserving particular evidence under the applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations, or in the context of legal statutes of limitation for example). If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
We use technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorised persons. Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
What are your rights and how to exercise them?
You may at any time exercise your Data Protection rights:
- Right to access/obtain a report detailing the information held about you: You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data is being processed by Airbus and if so, what specific data is being processed.
- Right to correct Personal Data: You have the right to change any inaccurate Personal Data concerning you.
- Right to be forgotten: In some cases, for instance, when the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the Purposes for which they were collected, you have the right for your Personal Data to be erased.
- Right to stop the processing of your data: You have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data by Airbus, for instance when the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your Personal Data. In such cases, your Personal Data will only be processed with your consent or for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to data portability: Under some circumstances provided by law, you have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit those Personal Data to another data controller.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where your consent is required, you may at any time withdraw such consent by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org However, please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to access and use certain information, features or services of the Website.
- Right to object : In some cases required by law, you may ask us to stop processing your Personal Data in the following cases
To this effect, please contact Airbus in writing either by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com or by writing to the addresses below, enclosing a copy of a document evidencing your identity.
Airbus SAS, Head of Data Protection, HAP, 2 rond-point Emile Dewoitine 31700 Blagnac cedex. France
Are you obliged to provide your Personal Data?
Under certain circumstances, when some Personal Data are necessary to enter into a contract or to comply with legal obligations, any failure to provide the requested Personal Data may conduct us not being able to fulfill our contractual/legal obligations or to achieve the expected results.
Are your Personal Data the basis for automated decision making, including profiling?
As a matter of principle, we do not use fully automated decision-making processes or profiling. In the event that we should use such processes, we will advise you in advance.
How contact Airbus in respect of your Personal Data?
If you are unsatisfied with the way in which your Personal Data has been processed or should you have questions regarding the processing of your Personal Data, you may refer in the first instance to the Airbus Data Protection Officer, who is available for enquiries or complaints, at the following email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to the address below:
Airbus SAS, Head of Data Protection, HAP, 2 rond-point Emile Dewoitine 31700 Blagnac cedex. France
How ask for assistance to the competent authorities?
If you remain unsatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority. Listed below are the four main European countries where Airbus operates and the relevant Supervisory Authority
FRANCE: CNIL: Supervisory Authority France
GERMANY: Datenschutz-hamburg: Supervisory Authority for Airbus Operations GmbH
lda Bayern: Supervisoy Authority for Airbus Companies in Bavaria, Germany
any other competent regional German authority as the case may be,
SPAIN: AGPD.Supervisory Authority Spain
UK: ICO: Supervisory Authority UK
What are cookies?
Personal details can be saved in cookies, provided that you have consented. For example, cookies may be used to facilitate secure online access so that you do not need to enter your user ID and password again.
Which cookies do we use?
Please find below a specific information for each cookie that we may use on our Website:
- Name of cookie : cookies-banner
- Purpose : Cookies policy approval.
- Retention period : 13 months
- Nom du cookie : gtag
- Finalité : Traffic analysis
- Durée de conservation : 13 months
- Nom du cookie : log_in
- Finalité : Allows the user to log in to their account
- Durée de conservation : 13 months
How can you disable or delete cookies?
If you choose not to accept cookies, you can still access and use our Website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your device by setting your browser to not accept cookies. The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser. You can delete cookies already on your device at any time. However, if you choose not to accept cookies that are strictly necessary for the provision of our services provided by our Website, it may result in a reduced availability of such services.
For the purpose of statistical analysis, we use analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, or Google Analytics. You may object at any time to the collection and analysis of statistical data regarding your access to and use of our Website by contacting us using the “contact us” function within our Website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Modification of the Information Notice
Airbus will update this Information Notice from time to time in order to reflect the changes in our practices and services and also to remain compliant to Data Protection Laws and Regulations. We will inform you of any substantial modification in the way of processing your Personal Data.